Woohoo my first, virtual award! Not the kind where I get to thank my mum and my dog in a speech though; this is a bit more fun 🙂
A Liebster Award is sort of like a “tag” and its a lovely way to get to know fellow bloggers.
Thank-you for nominating me Harps from Baby Brain Memoirs! If you haven’t seen her blog yet, do stop by. I love her honest take on parenting, and she has some great baby food ideas on there (like this menu for a “Mexican” night, including recipes for adults AND baby). I also love her vegetarian weaning guide, very helpful even if you’re not vegetarian.
So being nominated for a Liebster award means I have to answer 11 questions given to me by Harps, and it gives me the chance to tell you a bit more about myself. Here goes:
1. What’s your lucky number? Hmmm, never really thought about that! But I’m going to go with 10 because I’m currently counting to 10 in every language I know in front of Baby K, in a bid to get her language skills going! Oh and hey, she is also currently 10 months old 🙂
2. When and why did you start blogging? I started blogging in 2011 (wow, that long ago?!) and a more detailed answer can be found on my About Me page 🙂
3. What’s been your blogging highlight? The best and most unexpected thing to come out of it is the many like-minded people I’ve interacted with, and become virtual friends with, who I never would’ve gotten to know if I hadn’t started putting all my rants “out there!”
4. What did you/do you do for a living pre baby? I am a law graduate, turned editor. I’ve worked in book publishing for quite a while. Right before having Baby K, I was writing for and editing a management research database called Ideas for Leaders.
5. What’s your favourite TV programme? I watch so many, hard to pick one! But in recent watches, I think Scandal comes close to taking the top spot. But all time favourite is DEFINITELY Friends! I could easily watch re-runs all evening and laugh at every joke again and again.
6. How many siblings do you have? none! I’m an only child, blessed with lots of cousins and amazing friends that are like siblings 🙂 I now live in a house with three boys (my husband and his two younger brothers). They’ve never had a sister before, and I’ve never had a brother so needless to say, its been interesting!
7. What’s your favourite food? Ooh, again… so difficult to pick one. But if I absolutely had to, it would be lamb pulao. Preferably made my mother, or my mother-in-law, both amazing cooks.
8. If you were stuck on an island alone and could only take one thing, what would it be? Baby K!! Just kidding (kind of!). I would take my phone, to look at photos, listen to music, etc! Oh and I’m assuming its a beautiful island so I’d be taking loads of selfies too 😛
9. Summer or winter? Summer. But the “nice” kind. Not 40-plus-degrees-sweltering-summer in Pakistan
10. Outdoors or indoors? Indoors. With a cup of tea! Wasting away that summer I just choose above.
11. Sweet or savoury? Savoury. I do love sweet things, but can only handle a little. I’d forego a slice of cake for a chicken pattie any day 🙂
And that’s a wrap! Thanks again for the questions Harps 🙂 I now have to nominate 11 bloggers and give them 11 questions to answer (though the “official” rules say you can nominate between 5-11). So, I nominate:
All of these are blogs I frequent and enjoy, so do stop by and have a look at their stuff!
Here are the rules:
- Acknowledge and thank the blog who nominated you.
- Look for an award image that you like, and post it on your blog
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person/blog who nominated you.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs
- Let the bloggers know that you nominated them.
Here are my questions for you:
- Where are you answering these questions from right now?
- Where did you go on your last holiday?
- What’s your favourite book?
- Favourite movie?
- Did you go to university, and if so, what did you study?
- Dream job?
- Favourite fruit?
- Which would you pick: cookies and milk, or cookies n’ cream ice-cream?
- Apple or Android?
- Batman or Superman?
- What’s the last thing you searched for on Google?
I look forward to reading your answers 🙂